Monday, 12 June 2017

June 12th update ---feeling better again

After two weeks of feeling pretty crappy, with piriformis syndrome again, I'm finally back to feeling much better. What did I do differently?

1.  I backed off exercise except for my most basic PT exercises and walking this week. 
Seen a lot of cool wildlife out walking this week. I feel like my recovery is slower than this turtle.


2. Relaxed. I tried to calm the hell down because I got pretty worked up about the fact I was having pain everyday again. It took a good cry to acknowledge how shitty it was making me feel and miraculously slowly I began to feel better, until this Friday I woke up pain free again. There is other stressful, but good, life stuff happening. I'm not just a drama queen, ha ha!!!

3. I've been super diligent about taking B vitamins everyday to help with nerve repair.

4. I've tried to correct my posture when sitting upright.

Ultimately, give how the last of the pain left overnight I think my hips shifted into a good position again releasing some tension on the muscles and in turn the nerve. Whatever did it, I'm so happy to be pain free. I'm going to try adding more exercise in again this week, probably weights and swimming, to try continue getting stronger. Fingers crossed the last couple of weeks were just a tiny blip in my recovery!


2 comments:

  1. Ahh! This is good news! I am reading this late and hoping you are still feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes back to the best I've been since I got Injured. I've been swimming a good bit since it's too hot to try start running again (I'd die). It's a few weeks until we move (cross country drive) so I'm hoping everything will stay good til then. once that's done I'll try build up the running again

      Delete