Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Christmas decorating and getting myself together

We went and got our tree last night and decorated. It was so much fun and it made me look forward to the Christmas break even more.
Also destressing...I finished up at my job last Wednesday. Since I went part-time weeks ago I've been trying and failing miserably at getting anything done, between those extra few hours at home not being as long as you think and being sick on and off for most of the time, everything has been a shambles. Well I'm starting to feel better and after much rest I finally feel like I'm coming back to myself. Martina has been staying up till all hours writing a grant for the last few weeks, so the house was a right mess (not dirty just messy and disorganized) with neither of us really feeling like doing much. I've worked my way through most of the house so far this week and currently I'm tackling the large piles of clean laundry that need to be hung up or folded. I hate doing this stuff, when I'm doing it, but it's so statisfying when it's done. I've had a little stalker while I've done it...who finds my moving around the house disturbs his rest too much.
Slowly, I've also been trying to clean back up my diet which has been a total mess in the last little while. It doesn't mean you can't have the occasional treat tho but I'm trying to make those myself and freeze most of what I make for portion control.
 Next week I'm going to start a December-challenge/or what ever you wanna call it. I'm going to eat better and exercise more consistently. Cause if I don't start now it'll be January before I do. Imagine how much damage I could do unchecked through Christmas :) I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and is looking forward to the next set of holidays as much as I am. 

Coming up: The last of my Spartan Trifecta races is this Saturday (Super 8-10 mile distance). It will probably be the last of my Spartan career as I just think I enjoying running way more than obstacle racing. The Beast I did last month was meant to be 12-14 miles but ended up being closer to 15 so cross your fingers for me I hope this one is closer to 8. 

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks absolutely stunning!

    I am reading this late, so I hope the house is more orderly now and you are feeling back to yourself (as much as you can after that horrible job and cold).

    I hope the race is not more than eight miles this weekend! Those races are SO intense! Hope you have fun!a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😃 we are trying to improve it a little each year. We buy some ornaments in the post Christmas sales and then have some nice surprises the following year.
      Yes the house is coming together nicely. Funny how a clean house really make feel good. Yes they are and expensive

      Delete