Monday, 29 August 2016

Congaree National Park

Since this weekend was the 100th anniversary weekend of the national parks service and a little destressing was in order we went to the nearest national park. Congaree National Park may not be the most majestic but it's pretty in its own right and only 20 minutes drive away. 
A little outside time is sometimes needed to put life back in to perspective. It was super hot and we hiked around 5 miles but it was the time I needed to get out of my own head.
The last few months have sucked a little. Moving was stressful, the new job has been very much a hit the ground running situation....and then continues to getter faster and faster paced. I'm doing well. I'm not thrilled about the way it is but it's manageable stress and hey it's a pay check. Finding out my workmates were talking about me behind my back for no good reason (when I thought we were becoming friends) was awful. The last straw on my stress-o-meter. I spent probably a good few days crying. Don't worry I've shook it off and I'm just of the attitude that shitty people are just not worth my time or mental energy.  This trip was a mini fresh start, getting back to myself and looking forward to my trip home in 2 and a half weeks. 


3 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry about your POS coworkers. I hope you have at least one nice person at work - it sucks to spend most of your day with a bunch of dicks!

    I hope the refresh stays with you and keeps you going until your time at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Story of my life....not many people can deal with my awesomenesss :p Yep it does suck and having to be nice when really all you can think about is what aholes they are doesn't help.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete