Tuesday, 22 March 2016

What will I spend my first paycheck on?

I am so excited to get back into the lab, in fact its really surprising me how much I'm chomping at the bit to get back to work, but I'm also looking forward to the benjamins baby.
Since we have discovered that we can live on one salary, by cutting back a little, and we have no debts we have decided that once I start working it is the time to replenish savings and really save some money for the future.
However, we have both agreed that the first pay check will be discounted from the new regime to allow us a little splurge after 5-6 months of sensibleness (yes I know that's not a word).

Not all will be trivial spending e.g. We've put off a major piece of car servicing for a few oil changes because it was $200 that we never seemed to have floating around. 

But I'm very excited for a little non-essential spending...So what's on my list:

New music is up there on a list and maybe we'll see about going to a concert or two, something I haven't done in years but miss.

New shoes (running and otherwise)

  • If I'm going to be on my feet all day I need to find something functional and pretty (major struggle for me).
  • A pair of trail runners......since I'm considering at least doing some training on trails to toughen up and maybe a trail race or two for a change

New clothes
Now that I actually have to see people everyday and pjs are not acceptable work wear I need to refresh my wardrobe a little as well as figure out if I need more summer clothes
http://kardsunlimited.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/PJS4.gif
A new swimsuit...mine is in a very sad state. I'd like to get a two piece and a one piece suit.

A massage..if it doesn't hurt too much I'll probably melt into the table.
http://petsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/5-2-2015-12-38-39-PM.png

Now I might not get all of these things but a girl can dream......




No comments:

Post a Comment