Friday, 18 March 2016

And so it begins...allergy season


Technically allergy season began  up to two weeks ago here in South Carolina. I watch the pollen levels on my weather app and our tree pollen has been in the red (very high) on and off for at least that long. However, I don't think I'm allergic to tree pollen so I haven't had any allergies. 
However, our grass and weed pollen is starting to measure on the scale and with that I've started to notice I've had a sore throat, headache and blocked sinuses. Im not sneezing twelve hundred times a day or sporting bloodshot eyes yet but it's beginning.
Last year my allergies were awful and I didn't run for almost two weeks because it was impossible to run and breathe. This year I'm determined to be proactive. I've already started hosing down the front porch and car so pollen won't be dragged into the house. Now that I'm starting to notice allergy symptoms I'm going to take an antihistamine everyday in the morning before I get out and about. This year, if I'm as bad as last year, I'm going to suck it up and buy some of the more expensive options like Flonase (I think it's a steroid does that count as doping ha ha).
I never got these kinds of allergies until I moved here so I'm still a relative newbie to dealing with hay fever. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment