Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Progress

I apologize in advance. I feel weird taking these kinds of pictures and even weirder posting them on the internet. However, a stomach is a stomach, we all have one! 
I am officially marking my progress. I've been working out a lot for almost a month now. Running 5 days a week and either more cardio (twice) or strength training (three times) classes. Until today I felt like I'd make zero progress atheistically. I've lost 1-2 lbs, out of the 10-11 lbs I want to lose, and even that sometimes depends on the day I weight myself. 
A few weeks back (22 days to be exact--picture on top) I took a few pictures of my stomach. I don't what prompted me to do it, usually my stomach is the last place I see any results it, but I did.  Today I went back and took another set without looking at the originals and I was very surprised to see I looked different. I had more definition. I was so surprised that I took more at different angles or with more light and I wasn't tricking myself, I do look different.

As the weeks go on I'm sure I'll change more but I think if I cleaned up my diet I could do a whole lot better. I am eating healthier, now I'm at home all the time, especially during the day but in the evening if someone buys a bar of chocolate or some cookies I will binge on them.  Another thing I could do better on is drinking water. That has gone downhill since leaving work. I'm hardly drinking any water. My intake consists of tea, coffee and occasionally ginger ale.

I think picture taking might be my new favorite way of tracking my body changing. I'm so vain is playing somewhere in the distance. Don't worry I don't think I'm a super model or body builder...if only.  I'd love if my starting and progress picture could be better to start with but we all have to start (or restart) somewhere!

4 comments:

  1. What a difference! You definitely have a lot more tone and definition now. Isn't it amazing what a few changes to the diet will do? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Keep it up! It does seem like what you eat has a HUGE affect on stomach size (and bloat). Ugh... but that usually means eating way less carbs. Wah. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy carbs 😿 my problem is the really sugary carbs

      Delete