Thursday, 15 October 2015

My poor canal

After the recent flooding in South Carolina, Columbia residents were without drinkable water for over a week. I've mostly avoided that. However, the lack of clean water has been due, to not only mains breaking, but a giant breach in the Columbia canal that runs parallel to the river. Between the river and the canal runs a raised path where I normally run and that is exactly where the large break occured. 
This has been a huge challenge and it's looking like it'll take months, if not a year to repair properly. I don't know if this is the only break or if the path in general is unstable but it looks like I'll be finding some new places to run in the next few months.
In nicer news the weather here is beautiful right now. For the first time in 4 months or so I actually found myself thinking it'd be a lovely day for a run.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, that's so horrible! I hope everyone has clean drinking water now, and is safe. And I hope the cool weather continues for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we all have clean water. Just lots of road repairs. Thank goodness I was affected

      Delete