Monday, 10 August 2015

Yeah, last dental procedure

Almost two years later and my last non-cleaning dental procedure is finished. I saved the wisdom tooth extraction for last thinking it would be the worst. Really it was easier than a filling and cheaper too. I am lucky that it was a non impacted tooth making the whole thing very straight forward. I wasn't as nervous, no shaking, so I'm getting over my fears slowly. 

If I wasn't getting a cleaning I would have been in and out in 20 minutes, most of that waiting for the local to kick in. I dilly daillied about whether I wanted to spend the money to get it out when it wasn't causing problems but right before he started the dentist injected more novocane directly into the tooth and his assistant told me afterwards some pus came out. A few seconds when I thought the pressure might break my jaw and it was out, taking a tiny bit of jaw bone with it. 
I'm not in any pain, thank you narcotics, just sleepy. I'm hoping for a sleepy day with the pup today and   if  I don't feel bad tomorrow I'll be back to work. So now I just have to be really diligent with brushing, flossing and following up with cleanings and hopefully I can overrule my bad teeth genetics. It's been a long road to this point, I'm glad it's behind me.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for taking care of your teeth! Was that your only wisdom tooth that you had to have removed? (I had 6, lol) I bet you will recover quick!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I had another extraction done when I was a kid of my very back molar on the other side and the wisdom tooth came up and replaced it (actually being useful) and I never got them on top, thank goodness. Its all been relatively painless compared to other peoples experiences so I got lucky :)

      Delete