Thursday, 27 August 2015

Birthday Whale Watching

Sorry that I've been MIA these last two weeks, I was away at another conference in Boston. My birthday happened to be when I was there. That day was between when I met some Irish friends that I hadn't seen in ages and my work buddies leaving. I had a day to myself and I wasn't really sure what to do with it. Firstly I dropped my very heavy bag at the train station I was going to use later, then wandered off. I kept seeing signs for the aquarium whale watching tours all week but was a bit iffy about going....I didn't want to be disappointed. Anyway, once I left the train station realized just how close I was to the New England Aquarium I thought why not just go. My only misgiving was that I left my larger zoom lens in my bag but as a child on the tour said to his Mom "the best pictures are in our head" so I let it go. It turned out to be one of the best birthdays I've ever had. After getting on a huge boat I was treated to excellent views of Boston Haaarbor and planes going right over the boat.  An hour and a half later of high speed sailing we reached the feeding grounds. Everyone listened and watched for whales. Eventually a group of 5-6 humpback whales including two babies treated us to a once in a lifetime show. I think I did ok with my tiny lens...hope you enjoy the pictures.



Flyover
















Please don't steal my pictures..all copyright belongs to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment