Friday, 29 May 2015

Where did all this time come from? and a closet clean out.

This is the first time in a long while that I've taken a week completely off from working out...that wasn't forced by being incredibly busy with other things or marathon recovery (when you are pretty much dead on your feet anyhow).

I don't know what to do with myself ha, ha. This week I've been much more proactive around the house. Even gathering two big bags of clothes to be donated. For someone thinks they have no clothes isn't that crazy. I got rid of anything that I pass over on a day to day basis i.e. clothes I should be able to wear right now but don't.
At first I panicked and had images in my head of wearing the same outfit every single day or just having to go naked. The funny thing about it is I've began to notice more stuff in my closet that I do like to wear. I even got rid of one or two race shirts that I never really liked, gasp!!! I'm now working my way around the rest of the house decluttering.


I've also had time to read a few books. One called the Magic of Tidying - written by a lady who comes across as slightly crazy at times but was my cleaning inspiration. Another called Quiet- about introverted people, which I'm pretty sure I can now classify myself as. It was very interesting.

One trend I've noticed (and don't really like) is without running I have not ventured outside once during the work week! Its so hot right now that its too easy to just stay inside in the AC. Next week I'll try drag myself out of bed while its still cool and bring the dog and my camera out for a walk.

In good news, my shoulder while not better feels like its calming down a little. I haven't taken any Ibuprofen in a couple of days. With that I've also been sleeping better so I'm not so grumpy :) I'm looking forward to seeing what the physiotherapist says (I predict a pinched nerve and/or rotator cuff tendonitis). I'm hoping he can help with figuring out what exercise I can do next week otherwise I'll be glued to the couch.

A nice restful week of regrouping here. I'll update on Monday when I know what the deal is with my shoulder. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Ahh, it feels so good to tidy up! Good for you! :) Get rid of those un-worn clothes!

    I would be interested to hear more of what you think of Quiet! I heard a story about that book awhile ago and was curious about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It validated a lot of stuff that I've realized with getting older and more confident. I’m not necessarily odd or shy. I’m just better on my own or around other people that are quieter like me. From a cultural perspective it was interesting. The author talked about how the US has (though education system etc.) basically tried to make everyone extroverts, and that extrovertism is seen as a measure of success rather than having the actual skill set/talent required for a given job/task. In this respect the author lumped the US and Europe together but from my experience while Europeans may not be as introverted/quiet/submissive as some Asian cultures, Europe and the US are in a different league. To me most people here are trained to talk, a lot, even if they have nothing of substance to say, in a personal or professional setting. So it made me think about those sort of things a lot. Don’t get me wrong, I love the US and my yappy friends sometimes I just stand back and go, huh, there are some real cultural differences even though we all speak English.

      Delete