Sunday, 18 January 2015

Weekly Roundup

Not much to report here. I took this week completely off from physical activity...if you don't count 6 hours of walking around Universal Studios. 
I haven't stepped outside the house once this weekend. I've been busy working on a grant :(  I'm making up for time off last week. I had a very demanding supervisor today!

Who said work had to be uncomfortable.
I'm excited to get back to running next week. I'm  dropping back down to a half marathon program. I'm not going right back to the start but I'll take a week or two to build my mileage back up and then add in speedwork, especially since I bought a pass for some strength classes also starting next week. 

The plan: Bodypump (x2, just one next week due to MLK day), pilates (x1), on my own--some running specific mobility & strength and my usual yoga (x1). Most of this at the university gym for $20 (class pass) a semester. I'm kicking myself that I didn't look sooner. If I changed my membership to a full one (instead of early bird) I'd be able to try out some different stuff like barre but I think I have enough on my plate for now. 
I'm tired writing it down but I'm hoping with running not being so intensive I'll have a chance to adjust to the strength work. If its too much I'll drop a class or two and add them back in more slowly. 

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh fun! I can't wait to hear about the new classes! So happy to hear you are adding strength in :) Don't get scared away if you are super sore the first time (or two)!

    What a demanding supervisor indeed! LOL! Cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already sore after one day :) and thats just working out by myself!! But I do remember from past experience it'll get better.

      Delete