Thursday, 22 January 2015

My first Body Pump Class

Wednesday- lunchtime
I thought "put on the light weights, you'll breeze through this and then see how you feel tomorrow". Holy crap I did not. It was HARD.

I've really gotten out of shape as far as strength work goes. By the time we got around to the lunges section (also known as hell) my legs were shaking, making keeping my balance hard. That was maybe due to the 100 or so squats we had just done. Inside I am laughing ...outside not so much.

The class was good, maybe a bit fast paced for a newbie but I'm sure it'll all be old hat in a few weeks. I would have aced this class years ago when I did kickboxing, my instructor would have used this as a warm up. Must get back to my early 20s self. Challenge accepted!! If I end up looking half as ripped as the teacher it'll all be worth it...oh yea and it might help my running.

1 comment:

  1. It will get easier and easier! Stick with it!

    I have a friend who is a Body Pump instructor in another state. I would like to try one of those classes sometime!

    ReplyDelete