Sunday, 5 October 2014

Marathon (Kiawah) Training Week 8

Week 8 done- 10 to go!! Another big week of building mileage --41 miles, my highest mileage week ever! My normal race pace run on Saturday was not on the plan. I didn't set any particular pace goals this week.

Sunday
Plan- cross training
Actual- 1 hour 15 minutes yoga
Really exhausted after the race on Saturday so yoga was my ideal cross training this week. Treated myself to brunch at my favorite spot.


Monday 
Plan 4 miles easy recovery
Actual 4 miles 10.35 min/mile
A slow run to ease residual soreness from the weekend. 

Tuesday
Plan 8 miles 
Actual 8 miles 9.43 min/mile
Eight miles in the evening.


Wednesday
Plan 4 miles
Actual 4 miles 9.53 min/mile
I took a giant buddy with me today. We certainly got lots of looks. 
This is partly why I love running, I get to eat this 

Thursday
Rest

Friday
Plan 8 miles
Actual 8 miles 9.23 min/mile
A lot of rain and a lot of radar watching. I left the house as the rain eased up and only got rained on for 5 minutes or so.

A lot of dodging toads. These guys were all over the path, it took some fancy footwork to avoid them.

Saturday
Plan 17 miles easy 
Actual 17 miles 10.17 min/mile (9.26, 10.47, 10.54, 10.59, 10.43, 10.04, 10.52, 11.09, 11.18, 11.37, 10.58, 9.27, 9.35, 9.25, 9.10, 8.54, 9.28) 
I had to shop specifically for this run...I'd run out of all running fuel! Unfortunately the closest shop didn't have any clif shot blocks which I wanted to try. Gu chomps it was. 
It was a beautiful day for a run...cool and breezy. I ran the mile to a friends house and picked her up for a run. We ran together for just over 10 miles, from her house to a park and then back. When I dropped her home I headed back to the park. A few hills but I felt strong the whole time. I ran pretty slowly with my friend but I tried picking it up once I was on my own. Although I wasn't even running race pace I was really happy I was able to increase my pace. Sometimes even with starting a run slowly it's hard to pick up the pace, girl is tired after 10 miles no matter what pace.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new weekly PDR and the great LR! It's so nice to have a friend for company on those!

    ReplyDelete