Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Woah Birthday time again

31 today.....where has this year gone. I can't fool myself any longer I'm no longer barely in my thirties my foot is firmly in that age bracket. So far today I've had some super rich and chocolately birthday cake and even a sneaky mimosa at lunch.

Later on I'm heading out for pizza and beer. Needless to day my healthy eating is out the door for today but I did run some fun birthday miles this morning. I've been slacking and reading through Martina's blog archive this afternoon, because she is so much better at writing about day to day life, well that and she gets the blog posts up faster than I do lol, and we've gotten up to a lot of stuff in the last year or two.

I've been exceedingly lucky and had a happy life so far but these last few years have been the best. I'm more comfortable in my own skin and I'm now living somewhere new thats opening my eyes up to the fun of traveling to new places and exploring as well as running (again) and I get to share all this with my best friend and our adorable little dog. I might miss my family and friends back home but they are still there for me whenever I need them. I've also mentioned I get lonely at times, especially since I don't know many people here (especially my own age), but the few friends that I've made have been great, always there to listen to my chatter and to help out when they can and generally be good friends.
 I couldn't ask for anything more right now. I'm feel so thankful for my life...especially with how crazy the world is becoming. I wish I could share it with all those less fortunate. I'll try to pay it forward whenever I can.

For now...thanks for reading my silly little blog and lets hope I'll be around to blog about my 32nd!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I love hearing that you are happy with where you are in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You absolutely get to splurge today and eat anything you want. The next time I'm in South Carolina, I'll treat you to a beer! :)

    ReplyDelete