Sunday, 6 July 2014

Weekly roundup: Is it really July already?

Can you believe it's July? I can't, this year is flying by. It's scary because I'll have to start applying for jobs in September, ekk!
So to make the most of summer, I am making a big effort to get out as much as possible on the weekends and I'm not including running in that. Since we liked tubing so much last week we went and bought some water gear. Buy one get one free life jackets could not be left behind and since I cut my foot in the river with Boomer, on Saturday after running, I got some water shoes. We also ordered a tube and if we use it three times it'll have paid for itself, maybe that's a false sense of economy but it'll bring lots of enjoyment.

We also know some friends with canoes so there might be an opportunity to use our new gear out on the lake! Since the little man is getting used to the water his life jacket might get some use too

This week has been my highest mileage week in a while but it's gone well. No pain and I've been feeling stronger on my runs.
Tuesday 5 miles (9.46/mile)
Wednesday 3 miles with hill repeats (9.17/mile)
Thursday 5 miles (10/mile) + 1 hour yoga
Friday rest
Saturday 5 miles race pace (8.48/mile)
Sunday 10 miles (10.34/mile)
 Weekly total of 28 miles

By complete accident today I ran into two friends out running and I fell in with them for 4 miles. It was great to have company and it slowed me down. Something I'm working on is to make hard days harder and easy days easier so it was good to slow down.
I came home to a yummy brunch 


 I haven't succumb to any naps yet today but I've been pretty tired. Since I've been building mileage for a few weeks, next week I'm stepping it back a little and the week after that is a race. A week after this next race I start marathon training, wow that's sneaking up.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend 

No comments:

Post a Comment