Saturday, 14 June 2014

Sometimes anger can be motivating!

So yesterday I had a pretty awful day at work. I came back to the lab from an early morning workshop to find someone had left our freezer open over night. The freezer I had some irreplaceable samples in. Now they might be ok but I have no way to find out and the only way to is to go ahead and do a months worth of work. The fact that they are irreplaceable means I have no choice, I can't just start over.

At first I wasn't angry and then it just built. I alternated between wanting to shout and cry. Shout, because the one thing you do in a biology lab is double and triple check freezers and fridges and obviously someone didn't, and cry, well because I care about my work and don't want to waste time.

Like everything else, when life gives you lemons make lemonade, running lemonade. I might have vented a little but not as much as I'd have liked to, instead I used my anger to sign up for my marathon. I'm pretty sure I could have run it right then and got a PR. Strangely doing this calmed me down, maybe I have a racing addiction. I suppose there are worst ones.

Now I have only one race left to sign up for in 2014. By the end of this year I'll have run 12 half marathons and 1 full marathon. What a year of racing. I don't think I'll go so race crazy next year but it's been fun so far. 

So Saturday December 13th I'll be running the Kiawah Island Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment