Thursday, 26 June 2014

Homemade Lemonade

It's been another super hot week here in SC. As we live in the South you can be guaranteed you'll be served sweet tea or lemonade at gatherings. I haven't acquired a taste for sweet tea yet but I've become quite the lemonade snob! 
I've noticed the closer to homemade it is the better, so I decided to try make some.

1/2 cup of vegan sugar,
Juice 2lbs of lemons,
4 cups San Pellegino

I wanted to add a bit more flavor so I added a quarter cup of frozen raspberries and a few leaves of crushed mint. Mash up the fruit and mint to infuse the lemonade with flavor.


You end up with around 4 cups of lemonade. It's super tart but really tasty. I think in future I'll add more San Pellegino or sugar. I'm horrified at the thought of adding more sugar so I think I'll dilute it a little more to get even more lemonade. I'll be sure to update with any changes.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment