Tuesday, 1 April 2014

New shoes and my pelvis is wrong!

Yay I love nothing more than new shoes.  My Brooks PureCadence 2s arrived today. Wearing them around the house they feel good, a bit more cushioned than my Saucony Mirages but good! 

I'm not running AGAIN tonight. I should be but I got myofasial release and massage instead and I'm feeling beat up to the tune of $110, ekk! Apparently my pelvis is slightly rotated which explains why I'm not getting more of a benefit from stretching. More stretching and time, my massage therapist is great tho and has shown me what muscles to target and how to stretch them....and I believe her since she is also a yoga teacher. I didn't even realize how tight everything was until I started to flinch with surprise as muscles were massaged.
Not a good money week but if it all keeps me healthy and injury free, I'll just have to work this stuff into my budget!

2 comments:

  1. No better investment than a good pair of running shoes! I love the feeling of walking around - and running - in a brand new pair of shoes. They are beautiful! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten. They got their first outing tonight and they felt pretty good after the first mile. You must be going thru shoes pretty fast right now!

      Delete