Friday, 4 April 2014

Leibster Award


Hi y'all. I'm accepting a Liebster Award, a bloggers award shared between bloggers :) Thank you Kirsten for the nomination. If you haven't checked out her blog, you should for a good dose of inspiration.
1. How did you choose your blog name?
I'm very unimaginative. I started the blog almost a year ago when I was training for my first marathon, not that long after I'd moved from Ireland to South Carolina. 26point2 for the marathon and south for all my running in South Carolina.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I've been a runner since I ran in an athletics club as a kid. Sometimes I've forgotten that I'm a runner. Mostly times when I've let life, be it career, relationships or any number of things swallow me up. I always run the most when I'm in a good place and right now I'm really happy with life. I started the blog to remind myself of what I can achieve when I apply myself consistently and although I'm no expert on running or life, I'm constantly trying to learn. I see learning and teaching/helping others as the same thing, we're all on crazy journeys why not do it together.
3. What is something that you love about yourself?
I'm tough. I like most people have been through some really rough patches and as cliched as it sounds I've come out the other side of every one a stronger more confident person.
4. If you could pick your dream career, and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
Although I don't usually put much of an effort into my blog photos (sorry), I'm a pretty decent photographer, my dream job would be to work for national geographic, photography and travel...heaven!
5. What motivates you?
To be a better person, in every respect. I don't think negatively of myself but I know there are aspects of myself that I need to work on and I try!

6. What are two goals you have for 2014?

1) To run and PR another marathon. Although my first one was a great race, it was a horrendously hilly course and my IT band acted up throughout the whole thing. So specifically I'd like to run another marathon under 4 hours 30, as close to 4 as I can get.
2) To publish a kickass paper. I work in a lab doing scientific research. I'm a biologist but when I moved here, I moved to a chemistry lab..albeit with biological applications....cue one steep learning curve!! I did well with publications (the lifeblood of an academic career) during my Ph.D and last postdoc but I love my project now and would love to get some of what I'm doing out there.
7. If you could give your 16-year old self a piece of advice, what would it be?
Be confident but don't be naive (is that a contradiction?)! People will take advantage of you..don't let 
them, but for every one of those people there are a million good ones don't be too afraid to get out there.

8. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?

Hmm this makes me think superpower. To teleport, instant travel to anywhere in the world....yes please!
9. Where is one place you have never been that you have always wanted to go?
Cambodia to see Angkor Wat

10. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
Woah back up there...let's start with a solid nights sleep. A big brunch type breakfast at my favorite brunch spot, followed by a massage. I then teleport to the beach for a nice nap in the sun. Lunch. A hike in the mountains with the pup...dinner, a nice glass of wine and a sneak peek at the new Game of Thrones.

11 Are you going to pass the torch and nominate 11 other bloggers?
Yes.
For a double nomination..Snapshotsandwhatnots 

My (well kinda) 11 questions:
Why do you blog?
If you could do any race in the world, which one would you choose?
What makes you happiest?
What's the best thing you've ever eaten?
What's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
What's your favorite book?
What's the weirdest situation you've ever gotten into while running?
Were you always as fast as you are now, how much have you improved?
The hardest thing you've ever done?
What is your favorite song for running?
What is your ultimate lifetime goal?
The rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions given to you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers.
Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Comment on your nominees’ blogs to let them know you nominated them.
Have fun spreading the blogging love!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your responses. Particularly, your two goals for the next year because they are so different and require a wide variety of skills to achieve, and your idea of the perfect day. Wouldn't it be great if we could teleport and just be where we want to be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! This was fun to read!

    Have you seen this? http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/03/angkor-wat-google-street-view/ Your Angkor Wat comment made me think of it.

    ReplyDelete