Sunday, 30 March 2014

Weekly round up

As I mentioned in a previous post I haven't done a whole load of running this week. I have a long year of races ahead of me so I'd rather rest up now and not "race" the next couple of races than blow my chances at running any of them!
I've been stretching constantly and then every time I'd run the same old pain would show up...then light bulb moment....bing...did I not post ages ago that my shoes were nearing their expiration date? Did I replace them since then..NO! Once again I've run and raced on dead shoes due to my own forgetfulness. It's a pity the shoe can't change color or something when they need to be replaced. I have a new pair on the way so we'll see how they help.
I ran today on a pair of Saucony Hattori's, a zero drop shoe, that I haven't fully broken in yet and you know what, no hip/knee pain, just some heel blisters :) granted I only ran 3 miles but that's better than nothing.
As you might notice in the above picture our pretty blossoms have fled the trees and the grass is beginning to grow. I've been spending a good bit of time, mostly weeding, getting the garden ready for spring, which seems to have now sprung. Back to my sweaty, back breaking cross training aka lawn mowing a half an acre with a manual mower. But you can't complain about the sunshine and blue skies.

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 40 minutes swimming, strength progression series
Wednesday: 4 miles, strength progression series
Thursday: 3 miles, strength progression series
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 3 miles, strength progression series

A measly 10 miles this week :(


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I think the shoes changing color is a fantastic idea! I started tracking my miles on them a few years ago. It seems different pairs last a different amount, but tracking reminds me to pay attention to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think it depends a lot on the shoe. I've gravitated towards shoes with less cushion in the last two years and I definitely don't think the last more than 300 miles, if even that! Which is a shame because when you are training it doesn't take too long until you need to pull the wallet out again.

    ReplyDelete