Friday, 7 March 2014

Come on Race Weekend!

Having never got the chance to run a half during marathon training (as part of a race) I'm running a bunch of them this year. This weekend is the first of many. I'm heading to Bluffton, SC on Saturday to run what is promised to be a fast, flat route... The Palmetto Bluff Half Marathon! It's in a beautiful part of SC near Hilton Head so expect lots of pictures as well as the low down on the race.  
http://chrispiascik.com/2013/06/im-so-excited-im-so-excited-im-so-scared/

I'm nervous, I've no worries that I'll finish but I've set myself an A goal of finishing under two hours. The fastest I've ran a half during marathon training was 2:06, so I'll be trying to take off a hefty 6 or so minutes, ekk! I've gotten faster since then. Fingers crossed if I don't go out too fast or my body doesn't fall apart, as it likes to in races, I should at least get close. My B goal is to sneak in under 2:06.


OK it's out there now I have to do it :D

Big shout out to my bestie Martina running her first half, good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Woop thanks Kathy!! I'm getting even more nervous now :) And you're going to rock this half!

    ReplyDelete