Sunday, 28 July 2013

My Fleet Feet Experience

So I mentioned ages ago my NB trainers were on the way out...yeah, they're dead! Instead of my usual approach which is to go to an outlet and get a couple of pairs of trainers, I decided to get my feet evaluated. A friend recommended Fleet Feet. With a store 20 mins from my house in Columbia, SC, why not!
I went in put myself on a waiting list and proceeded to wait 30 mins (they were very busy). Firstly I was asked what I wanted the shoes for, I explained and then I was off to walk in my bare feet while my gait was assessed. I was pronounced sound....I had a neutral to very slight over protonation. 
My feet were measured sitting down and standing up. I was given some nice socks to try on and then came the shoes. The first pair were an awful looking space suit silver Adidas pair, they fit well but had about ten inches of cushion..not for me. Next were a pair of Brooks...nice still very cushioned but not so bad but I rejected these as I felt the heel was a bit high.
Then came the hard decisions. Everyone has been raving about the Mizuno Sayonara trainers. I tried and ran in a pair...just right and so comfy. They were too comfy...not too much padding but really soft. I was worried about how they'd hold up to the miles. In the end I got a less padded trainer that was super comfortable, a pair of Saucony Progrid Mirages. These are designed for slight over protonators and meant to sit somewhere between a minimalist and regular trainer. Lovely! Even these make my old shoes feel like pancakes, these new babies were long overdue.
Best of all they were on sale with 20% off. They came to approx. $86. I really thought they'd try to sell me half the store. They did have me try on socks and some inserts but when I said I didn't like/want them that was that...no pressure! Overall a good experience and a decent price. Thank you Fleet Feet, I can't wait to give them a good run.

This post was in no way sponsored by Fleet Feet.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog! I'm looking forward to learning more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fleet Feet - they'll never steer you wrong!

    ReplyDelete